Starting with AA
Starting with AB
- abruzzi e molise
- abu dhabi
Starting with AC
- acadia national park
- acapulco de juarez
- aclinic line
- active site
Starting with AD
- addis ababa
- adelie coast
- adelie land
- administrative district
- administrative division
- admiralty island
- admiralty islands
Starting with AE
Starting with AF
Starting with AG
Starting with AH
Starting with AI
Starting with AK
Starting with AL
- al aqabah
- al ladhiqiyah
- al qahira
- aland islands
- aleutian islands
- alexander archipelago
- aloha state
Starting with AM
- american samoa
- american state
- american virgin islands
- amusement park
Starting with AN
- an nafud
- an nefud
- anchorage ground
- andhra pradesh
- anglesea island
- anglesey island
- ann arbor
- antarctic circle
- antarctic zone
- antigua and barbuda
Starting with AP
- apparent horizon
- appleton layer
- approach path
- approach pattern
Starting with AQ
Starting with AR
- ar rimsal
- arab republic of egypt
- arabian desert
- arabian peninsula
- aran islands
- archeological site
- arches national park
- arctic archipelago
- arctic circle
- arctic zone
- argentine republic
- aries the ram
Starting with AS
- ascending node
- asia minor
- asian country
- asian nation
- asian russia
- associated state
- asteroid belt
Starting with AT
Starting with AU
- austral islands
- australian desert
- australian state
- autumnal equinox
Starting with AV
Starting with AY
Starting with AZ
Places that Start with A
When we think about beautiful places, different countries come to our minds. How many of them have a name that start with the letter “A”? We will travel to the biggest continents to find out.
Places in Europe that start with A
Aalst: a town in central Belgium.
– If you travel to Belgium, you have to visit the city of Aalst. It has a population of 76,000 people approximately.
Aberdare: a mining town in southern Wales.
– It is true that Aberdare is a famous town because of its mining activities, but it is also known for its hostel for students. Aberdare receives many foreign students each year.
Aegadean islands: a group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean.
– Stephanie and her family spent two weeks in a cruise across Europe. They made a stop at the Aegadean Islands, near to Sicily.
Andorra: a small republic in the eastern Pyrenees between Spain and France.
If you look for Andorra in a European map, you’ll hardly find it. It is a very small country, although it receives thousands of visitors that go there shopping.
Anjou: a former province of western France in the Loire valley.
– The province of Anjou gives its name to the delicious “Anjou pear”.
Places in Asia that start with A
Abu Dhabi: a sheikhdom of eastern Arabia and capital of the United Arab Emirates.
– Abu Dhabi is one of the most populates cities in the United Arab Emirates. Although it is a big city, its beaches are gorgeous.
Acre: a town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
– The old town of Acre in Israel is a World’s Heritage Center. The remains of Acre’s old constructions are exceptional.
Aden: an important port of Yemen; located on the Gulf of Aden; its strategic location has made it a major trading center of southern Arabia since ancient times.
– The tour guide told us that Marco Polo in ancient times used Aden port as a hub of commerce.
Agra: a city in northern India; former capital of the Mogul empire; site of the Taj Mahal.
– My favorite place in India is the city of Agra. The Taj Mahal is the most beautiful landmark I ever saw it.
Aleppo: a city in northwestern Syria.
– A large number of streets in Aleppo are destroyed due to the war in Syria.
Places in Latin America that start with A
Abilene: a town in central Kansas to the west of Topeka; home of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
a city in central Texas.
-Abilene offers a wide variety of historical tours to the most outstanding landmarks of the city.
Akron: a city in northeastern Ohio; the heart of the United States rubber industry.
– Roger’s family moved to Akron, Ohio from Alaska. It was a huge change; the weather is warmer in Akron.
American virgin islands: more than 130 southeastern Virgin Islands; a dependent territory of the United States.
– They went to the American Virgin Islands for their honeymoon. They had a great time diving in the coral reef. It was an experience they will never forget.
Antofagasta: a port city on the Pacific in northern Chile.
– The nature conservancy team traveled to Antofagasta to study the Humboldt penguin species.
Arctic archipelago: all the islands that lie to the north of mainland Canada and the Arctic Circle.
– The satellite images of the Arctic Archipelago shown the latest ice melting in some areas.
Places in Africa that starts with A
Abuja: capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
– Eyewitnesses described the horror scenes where dead bodies were scattered in Abuja’s streets.
Accra: the capital and the largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
– We were walking down the streets of Accra when we suddenly realized we were immersing in Makola Market. It was a great experience!
Addis Ababa: the capital of Ethiopia and the country’s largest city; located in central Ethiopia.
– The Addis Ababa Medical school receives students from the entire African continent. It is the most prestigious university in Addis Ababa.
Al qahira: the capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa; a major port just to the south of the Nile delta; formerly the home of the Pharaohs.
– If there is a city with a very interesting and rich culture and history, that would be Al qahira. A place everybody should visit.
Aswan: an ancient city on the Nile in Egypt; two dams across the Nile have been built nearby.
– With outstanding landscapes, the Nile River flows through the city of Aswan in a spectacular display of beauty.