Starting with LA
- la crosse
- la fayette
- la fontaine
- la paz
- la rochefoucauld
- la spezia
- la tour
- lablab purpureus
Starting with LE
- le carre
- le chatelier
- le corbusier
- le douanier rousseau
- le duc tho
- le gallienne
- le havre
- le notre
- lead plant
- lead tree
Starting with LH
Starting with LI
- li po
- liatris punctata
- liatris pycnostachya
Starting with LJ
Starting with LL
Starting with LO
- load line
- loading area
- loading zone
- loan shark
- loasa family
Starting with LU
Starting with LW
Starting with LX
Starting with LY
- lychins chalcedonica
- lychins floscuculi
- lychnis alba
- lychnis coronaria
- lychnis dioica
Nouns that Start with L
There are innumerable nouns, and all of them have different meanings and uses. There are common nouns, proper nouns, countable and uncountable nouns too. To people learning new nouns could open a whole new world of possibilities when writing or expressing in their daily lives. Here are some examples of nouns usage.
Nouns that start with L denoting emotions and feelings
Lassitude: a feeling of lack of interest or energy.
– Through their lassitude and disinterestedness, they provoke his drug and alcohol abuse.
Levity: feeling an inappropriate lack of seriousness.
– His questions made her feel levity. The interview didn’t go the way she expected.
Lightness: a feeling of joy and pride.
– The writer transmitted his lightness through his novels. He is very easy to read.
Lovesickness: a pining for a loved one.
– His lovesick for that new girl at school won’t lead to anything good. He doesn’t study anymore when she is around.
Lowness: a feeling of low spirits.
– I couldn’t believe that such a good person as Maggie showed her lowness at the first failure.
Interesting Nouns with L
Lachrymation: shedding tears.
-Your body needs tears to clean your eyes. Lachrymation is the production of tears.
Lacquer: a hard glossy coating.
– I chose a cherry red lacquer for my manicure and a pink lacquer for my pedicure.
Leapfrog: a game in which one child bends down and another leaps over. Advancing as if in the child’s game, by leaping over obstacles or competitors.
– Kids enjoy playing leapfrog at recess. They can spend hours and hours jumping over each other.
Leaven: a substance used to produce fermentation in dough or a liquid.
– Leaven free baked goods the are a great option for celiac people.
Licorice: a black candy flavored with the dried root of the licorice plant.
– We will give licorice rolls candies to the children in Halloween.
Nouns that start with L referring to events
Lacrosse: a game invented by American Indians; now played by two teams who use long-handled rackets to catch and carry and throw the ball toward the opponents’ goal.
– The rules for women’s lacrosse are different from man’s lacrosse.
Lactation: feeding an infant by giving suck at the breast.
– Researchers study about the link between lactation and breast cancer.
Lahar: an avalanche of volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
– People in Hawaii are afraid that a lahar or mudflow overcome at night.
Lipectomy: plastic surgery involving the breakdown and removal of fatty tissue.
– After losing one hundred pounds, she is a ready for a lipectomy.
Nouns that start with L referring to famous people
Lachesis: the Greek goddess of fate who determines the length of the thread of life.
– Lachesis wore white clothes, and she determined people best destiny.
Lady Peel: British actress (born in Canada) (1898-1989).
– Beatrice Lillie was known as “Lady Peel”, “The Funniest Woman in the world”, “Queen Bee” and “ The Canadian Catastrophe”.
Laffite: French pirate who aided the United States in the War of 1812 and received an official pardon for his crimes (1780-1826).
– Laffite left his illicit adventures and fought for the United States in defense New Orleans.
Leto: Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology; called Latona in Roman mythology.
– The goddess Leto was a lover of the God Zeus. She gave birth to Artemis and Apollo.