Starting with LA
Starting with LE
Starting with LH
Starting with LI
Starting with LL
Starting with LO
Starting with LU
Starting with LY
Animals that Start with L
There are common animals and people learn from them since childhood. Well, there is a wide variety of animals that names begin with the letter “L”, come on, discover and learn more about them.
Mammals that start with L
Lagomorpha: rabbits; hares; pikas; formerly considered the suborder Duplicidentata of the order Rodentia.
– Lagomorpha are found all over the world because of human introduction everywhere.
Lagothrix: woolly monkeys.
– The Lagothrix lives in several countries of South America like Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and Ecuador.
Lechwe: tawny-colored African antelope inhabiting wet grassy plains; a threatened species.
– A couple of lechwe have a confrontation in the plains at sunset.
Leonberg: a large dog (usually with a golden coat) produced by crossing a St Bernard and a Newfoundland.
– A pup of Leonberg weighs one hundreds and twenty pounds; it is a very big dog but it is adorable!
Lycaeon: African hunting dog.
– Lycaeon also known as African wild dog is an endangered species with only 3000 free ranging.
Reptiles that start with L
Lacertid: Old World terrestrial lizard.
– The Green Lizard is the largest lacertid. They are also great hunters.
Lacertilia: true lizards; including chameleons and geckos.
– Lacertilias spend lots of time taking sunbathe on rocks.
Leptotyphlops: blind snakes of Asia and Africa and Americas.
– He is holding a Leptotyphlops on his hands. It is very small, maybe the size of a coin.
Loricata: former name for the order Crocodylia.
– I can’t believe the size of that loricata. The man is holding it with both hands.
Birds that start with L
Lammergeyer: the largest Eurasian bird of prey; having black feathers hanging around the bill.
– A lammergeyer tries to steal prey from a jackal.
Leipoa: Australian mound bird; incubates eggs naturally in sandy mounds.
– The male leipoa has built a large nesting mound for the eggs.
Limpkin: wading bird of Florida, Cuba and Jamaica having a drooping bill and a distinctive wailing call.
– A limpkin just arrived to live on the pond. It is so noisy.
Lory: small brightly colored Australasian parrots having a brush-tipped tongue for feeding on nectar and soft fruits.
– Wow! I have never seen such a colorful and beautiful bird like the lori.
Insects and critters that start with L
Lacewing: small brightly colored Australasian parrots having a brush-tipped tongue for feeding on nectar and soft fruits.
– Lacewings are pretty insects. Their wings look like rice paper.
Lamellicornia: scarabaeid beetles and stag beetles.
– A couple of Lamellicornia enjoyed the juices says of a ripe guava.
Leafhopper: small leaping insect that sucks the juices of plants.
– There are many species of leafhoppers in America, but they are considered as pests.
Lepidopteran: insect that in the adult state has four wings more or less covered with tiny scales.
– I found a very rare lepidopteran during the field trip. It had white and blue dots on its wings.
Longicorn: long-bodied beetle having very long antennae.
– The longicorns are very small beetles with a very long antennae segmented into 11 parts.