Starting with HA
- haastia pulvinaris
- habenaria albiflora
- habenaria bifolia
- habenaria chlorantha
- habenaria dilatata
- habenaria elegans
- habenaria fimbriata
- habenaria greenei
- habenaria hookeri
- habenaria lacera
- habenaria leucophaea
- habenaria nivea
- habenaria orbiculata
Starting with HE
- head cabbage
- head cabbage plant
- head honcho
- head lettuce
- head linesman
- head nurse
- head of household
- head of state
- head smut
- head teacher
Starting with HI
- hiba arborvitae
- hibiscus cannabinus
- hibiscus elatus
- hibiscus esculentus
- hibiscus farragei
- hibiscus heterophyllus
- hibiscus moschatus
- hibiscus moscheutos
- hibiscus mutabilis
- hibiscus sabdariffa
- hibiscus syriacus
Starting with HM
Starting with HO
- ho chi minh
- ho chi minh city
- hoagy carmichael
- hoary alison
- hoary alyssum
- hoary golden bush
- hoary pea
- hoary plantain
- hoary puccoon
Starting with HR
Starting with HS
Starting with HU
- huayna capac
- hub of the universe
- hubbard squash
Starting with HY
- hyacinth bean
- hyacinthus candicans
- hyacinthus orientalis
Nouns that Start with H
There are many nouns in the language, some of them are very common and probably many others may not. Common nouns, proper nouns, countable or uncountable and, of course, all of them have different meanings and uses. Learning new nouns is important for everybody. In this article, you will discover different nouns that start with H, their meanings, and some useful examples.
Nouns that start with H denoting emotions and feelings
Heartlessness: -an absence of concern for the welfare of others.
– The reporter was cruel and heartlessness about war. He was so rude while giving details.
Hilarity: great merriment.
-The hilarity in each episode of the series is noticed from the beginning.
Huffiness: a passing state of anger and resentment.
– My dad threw his huffiness to her face telling her she was ungrateful.
Hysteria: excessive or uncontrollable fear.
– She went from hysteria to delight in just seconds.
Hackles: a feeling of anger and animosity.
– The killing of endangered species has raised hackles among the population.
Interesting Nouns that start with H
Haberdasher: a merchant who sells men’s clothing.
– At the end of the street, there is a haberdasher’s shop that sells all kinds of clothes.
Hearthrug: a merchant who sells men’s clothing.
– Bruce, my bulldog, loves to sit on the hearthrug next to the chimney.
Highbinder: a corrupt politician.
– It is known that many politicians in Mexico are highbinders. It is a shame.
Hobble: the uneven manner of walking that result from an injured leg.
– Jack managed to hobble away to town with a broken leg.
Hummock: a small natural hill.
– You can see the pool and the hummocks from the balcony, it is a very nice view.
Nouns that start with H referring to events
Halt: the event of something ending.
-World authorities are calling for a halt to the war in Mid West.
Hassle: disorderly fighting.
– Once the hassle is out of the way, I will go out for shopping.
Heat: a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race.
– Peter won the first heat; now he will have to do an extra effort to win the race.
Hegira: a journey by a large group to escape from a hostile environment.
– People began a hegira to Turkey trying to avoid hunger and misery.
Histrionics: a performance of a play. A deliberate display of emotion for effect.
– Today’s performance showed Pauline’s histrionics.
Nouns that start with H referring to famous people
Halley: English astronomer who used Newton’s laws of motion to predict the period of a comet (1656-1742).
– Edmon Halley was a supporter of Newton. He calculated the orbit of a comet, best known as Halley Comet.
Hammurabi: Babylonian king who codified the laws of Sumer and Mesopotamia (died 1750 BC).
– King Hammurabi proclaimed one of the most ancient legal codes.
Hirschsprung: Danish pediatrician (1830-1916).
– Harald Hirschsprung discovered a child disease named after him. It is a disease of the large intestine that causes constipation and obstruction.
Hearst: United States newspaper publisher whose introduction of large headlines and sensational reporting changed American journalism (1863-1951).
– William Hearst built the largest newspaper chain in the 1900’s.
Howe: -United States inventor who built early sewing machines and won suits for patent infringement against other manufacturers (including Isaac M. Singer) (1819-1867).
– Crafty moms should than Elias Howe for its invention of the sewing machine.