Starting with HA
- haleakala national park
- harlem river
- harley street
- harpers ferry
- hatteras island
- hawaii island
- hawaiian islands
- hawkeye state
Starting with HE
- heart of dixie
- heaviside layer
- hebei province
- hebridean islands
- hebridean isles
- hell on earth
- hellenic republic
Starting with HI
- high country
- highlands of scotland
- hippo regius
Starting with HO
- ho chi minh city
- holiday resort
- holy see
- home away from home
- home counties
- home from home
- home ground
- home port
- home range
- home territory
- honeymoon resort
- hong kong
- hoosier state
- horn of africa
- horse latitude
- hot spot
- hot springs
- hour angle
- hour circle
- houses of parliament
- housing development
- housing estate
- housing project
Starting with HR
Starting with HS
Starting with HU
- hub of the universe
- hunan province
- hunting ground
Starting with HY
Places that Start with H
When you think about beautiful places you would like to visit, different countries come to your mind. Can you guess how many of them have a name that start with the letter F?
Places in Europe that start with H
Hamelin: a town in northern Germany (near Hanover) that is famous as the setting for the legend of the Pied Piper.
– It is true that Hamelin is a fairytale town.
Hebrides: a group of more than 500 islands off the western coast of Scotland.
– Beautiful white beaches, amazing wildlife, and mountains are part of the idyllic islands of Hebrides.
Hibernia: an island comprising the republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
– I read in an old book that Hibernia was the Latin name for Ireland.
Hampshire: a county of southern England on the English Channel.
– Anglers in Hampshire are waiting excitedly for the fishing season to start.
Hellenic Republic: a republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula; known for grapes and olives and olive oil.
– The Hellenic Republic’s Presidency building in Athens is gorgeous.
Places in Asia, that start with H
Haiphong: a port city in northern Vietnam; industrial center.
– A new five-star resort has opened in Haiphong. This kind of business is growing in Vietnam.
Hebei: a populous province in northeastern China.
– The government in Hebei adopted measures to combat drought.
Hiroshima: a port city on the southwestern coast of Honshu in Japan; on August 6, 1945 Hiroshima was almost destroyed by the first atomic bomb dropped on a populated area.
– After the war, many destroyed monuments in Hiroshima were reconstructed.
Hunan: a province in southeastern central China between the Nan Ling mountains and the Chang Jiang; noted for its timber and valuable mineral resources.
– The city of Hunan is rich in culture and natural wonders. People in Hunan is proud of their mountains and rivers.
Hanoi: the capital city of Vietnam; located in North Vietnam.
– The tour around Hanoi included the Perfume Pagoda and the Silk Village.
Places in Latin America that start with H
Harrisburg: capital of Pennsylvania; located in the southern part of the state.
– The Harrisburg parade marks the beginning of the holiday season, from Thanksgiving to Christmas.
Hermosillo: a city in northwestern Mexico near the Gulf of California.
– Hermosillo is close to the Sea of Cortes, one of the Jacques Cousteau favorite places.
Hilo: a town in Hawaii on the island of Hawaii.
– There are many wonders to visit in Hilo like the rainbow waterfalls.
Honduras: a republic in Central America; achieved independence from Spain in 1821; an early center of Mayan culture.
– A group of students takes a trip to Honduras. They will be exploring the city and learning about the Mayan culture.
Huainaputina: an inactive volcano in the Andes in southern Peru; last erupted in 1783.
– Scientists went on an expedition to the Huainaputina volcano in Peru. It has been inactive for so long know.
Places in Africa that start with H
Harare: the capital and the largest city of Zimbabwe.
– Beautiful Jacaranda trees bloom in Harare each year. The parks look very pretty in purple.
Horn of Africa: a peninsula of northeastern Africa (the easternmost part of Africa) comprising Somalia and Djibouti and Eritrea and parts of Ethiopia.
– Extreme weather like severe floods and drought have been affecting Horn of Africa for years.
Huambo: a city in the mountains in western Angola.
–Huambo counts with huge potential for ecotourism because of its high rivers.
Hargeisa: a city in northwestern Somalia.
– The city of Hargeisa has only one main street!