Starting with NA
- nabalus alba
- nabalus serpentarius
- nadine gordimer
Starting with NE
- nebraska fern
Starting with NG
Starting with NI
- niagara falls
- nicandra physaloides
- niccolo machiavelli
- niccolo paganini
Starting with NJ
Starting with NN
Starting with NO
- noah webster
- noam chomsky
- nob hill
- nobel laureate
- noble cane
Starting with NR
Starting with NS
Starting with NT
Starting with NU
- nubian desert
- nuclear chemist
- nuclear physicist
Starting with NY
- nyctaginia capitata
Nouns that Start with N
If you are interested in learning some new words, specifically some new nouns, this article is for you! Here are some interesting nouns that start with the letter “N.”
Nouns that start with N denoting emotions and feelings
Nationalism: the doctrine that your national culture and interests are superior to any other. The doctrine that nations should act independently (rather than collectively) to attain their goals.
– The resurgent nationalism in Japan rang an alarm bell.
Nausea: disgust so strong it makes you feel sick.
– Secondary effects of the medicine ingest can cause loss of visión, headache, and nausea.
Nervousness: a sensitive or highly strung temperament.
I can see her nervousness as she waits for the doctors and the test results. I am sure everything is going to be fine.
Nostalgia: longing for something past.
– Nostalgia about past years becomes recurrent as we get older.
Interesting Nouns with N
Nacre: the iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
– For Pearl buyers, nacre thickness is very important. The price of the mollusk shells depends on it.
Neanderthal: extinct robust human of Middle Paleolithic in Europe and western Asia.
– Neanderthals used to extract marrow from deer bones and consumed it.
Nidus: a nest in which spiders or insects deposit their eggs.
– Scientists study spider nidus to understand better their behavior.
Nocturia: excessive urination at night; especially common in older men.
– My father visited the doctor yesterday; he is so worried about the nocturnia he suffers.
– You can see that the Nucifraga is always carrying a nut in its beak.
Nouns that start with N referring to events
Nascence: the event of being born.
– Everybody in the family is waiting anxiously for the triplets nascence. They will be the first grandchildren in our family.
Negotiation: a discussion intended to produce an agreement.
– The owners of the company are having negotiations with the employees for a salary adjustment.
Newsreel: a short film and commentary about current events.
– The channel is showing a newsreel about the soldier’s funeral services. It is more a documentary.
Nip: a small sharp bite or snip.
– The kitten likes to nip the children’s fingers, and my kids love to play with it.
Norther: a wind that blows from the north.
– We are protecting ourselves from the norther with warm clothes and enough food to stay in the home until it passes.
Nouns that start with N referring to famous people
Nancy Mitford: English writer of comic novels (1904-1973).
– Nancy Mitford books include fiction, nonfiction, journalism and letters collections.
Neil Simon: United States playwright noted for light comedies (born in 1927).
– Neil Simon had four plays running simultaneously in Broadway.
Noah: the Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain; the story of Noah and the flood is told in the Book of Genesis.
– Did you know that Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came to Earth?
Nike: (Greek mythology) winged goddess of victory; identified with Roman Victoria.
– Nike was chosen to be the goddess of victory in battles and sports.
Nostradamus: French astrologer who wrote cryptic predictions whose interpretations are still being debated (1503-1566).
– Nostradamus predicted his death a day before it happened.