Starting with LA
- la crosse
- la paz
- la spezia
- ladrone islands
- lake district
- lanai island
- land of enchantment
- land of lincoln
- land of opportunity
- land site
- las cruces
- las vegas
- last frontier
- latin america
- latin quarter
- launching site
- laurentian highlands
- laurentian plateau
Starting with LE
- le havre
- lebanese republic
- lee side
- leeward islands
- left bank
- left stage
- legal residence
- leo the lion
- lesser antilles
- lesser sunda islands
Starting with LH
Starting with LI
- liberty island
- libra the balance
- libra the scales
- libyan desert
- line of battle
- line of control
- line of fire
- line of flight
- line of latitude
- line of longitude
- line of march
- line of scrimmage
- line of sight
- line of vision
- littoral zone
Starting with LJ
Starting with LO
- load line
- loading area
- loading zone
- locus of infection
- lombard street
- long beach
- long island
- los alamos
- los angeles
- lothian region
- louisiana purchase
- low archipelago
- low countries
- lower egypt
- lower limit
- lower saxony
- lowlands of scotland
Starting with LU
- lunar latitude
- lurking place
- lut desert
- luxembourg city
Starting with LY
Places that Start with L
There are so many beautiful and interesting places out there that you could visit or learn about, and maybe you will be surprised with their names. Here are some interesting places that start with the letter “L”.
Places in Europe that start with L
Lakeland: a popular tourist area in northwestern England including England’s largest lake and highest mountain.
– These holiday we are taking a tour in the heart of Lakeland.
Leiden: a city in the western Netherlands; residence of the Pilgrim Fathers for 11 years before they sailed for America in 1620.
– Boat traffic is a still seen as a mean of transportation in Leiden.
Lemnos: a Greek island in the northern Aegean Sea; famous for a reddish-brown clay that has medicinal properties.
– Sandy beaches in Lemnos offer that tourists total privacy.
Linz: City in northern Austria on the Danube; noted as a cultural center.
– Beautiful baroque facades are one of the highlights of the old city of Linz.
Lodz: City in northern Austria on the Danube; noted as a cultural center.
– Anna spent two years living in Lodz Polland.
Places in Asia that start with L
Lahore: City in northeast Pakistan.
– Lahore beauty resides in its mosque, gardens, and shrines.
Lilongwe: the capital of Malawi; located in south central Malawi.
– Illegal immigrants and criminals have been arrested in Lilongwe.
Lut Desert: a desert in eastern Iran.
– The hottest deserts on earth are the Sahara, the Gobi, the Lut and the Sonoran.
Luxor: a city in central Egypt on the east bank of the Nile that is a center for visitors to the ruins of and around Thebes.
– The Luxor temple is one of the six great temples in Egypt.
Lyallpur: City in northeast Pakistan.
– Pictures of Lyallpur show it is a very populated city.
Places in America that start with L
La Paz: capital city in western Bolivia and the administrative seat of Bolivia’s government; the largest city in Bolivia.
– The city of La Paz was founded in bowl liked depression created by a river.
Lanai: an island of central Hawaii; a pineapple-growing area.
– An American billionaire bought in 2012 98% of the island of Lanai.
Limeira: a city of southeastern Brazil (northwest of Sao Paulo).
– To me, Limeira is not the most beautiful city in Brazil. I prefer São Paulo.
Lufkin: a town in eastern Texas.
– The Historic Theater of Pines is located in Lufkin Texas.
Louisville: the largest city in Kentucky; located in north-central Kentucky on the Ohio River; site of the Kentucky Derby.
– If you go to Louisville, don’t forget to visit the food trucks. They have amazing food in there.
Places in Africa that start with L
Lagos: chief port and economic center of Nigeria; located in southwestern Nigeria on the Gulf of Guinea; former capital of Nigeria.
– Men in Lagos wear “boubou” and “Sokoto”. Those are traditional trousers and tops.
Lesotho: a landlocked constitutional monarchy in southern Africa; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1966.
– Mountains, rivers and valleys are part of Lesotho also known as “The Kingdom in the Sky”.
Libreville: the capital of Gabon.
– Libreville is a town founded by freed slaves.
Lobito: a seaport on the Atlantic coast of Angola.
– The Chinese bridge was built on the Lobito road. It will be very helpful for many people that live in there.
Lusaka: the capital and the largest city of Zambia.
– Many shopping malls and big chain stores are opening in Lusaka Zambia.