Starting with JA
- jammu and kashmir
- japanese archipelago
- japanese islands
Starting with JE
Starting with JI
Starting with JO
Starting with JU
- junk heap
- junk pile
Starting with JY
Places that Start with J
Would you like to travel around the world? There are so many beautiful and interesting places out there that you could visit and that you would be surprised with their names. Here are some interesting places that start with J to think about for your next vacation.
Places in Europe that start with J
Jerez de la Frontera: a city in southwestern Spain that is famous for making sherry.
– A sherry tasting took place in the Alcazar of Jerez de la Frontera.
Jylland: peninsula in northern Europe that forms the continental part of Denmark and a northern part of Germany.
– The family likes to go to Jylland beach each noon. They walk together along the shore.
Jugoslavija: a mountainous republic in southeastern Europe bordering on the Adriatic Sea; formed from two of the six republics that made up Yugoslavia until 1992.
– Jugoslavija was one of the richest nations in Europe.
Places in Asia that start with J
Jabalpur: an industrial city of central India to the southeast of Delhi.
– Duandhar Falls are a popular destination in Jabalpur.
Jakarta: capital and the largest city of Indonesia; located on the island of Java; founded by the Dutch in 17th century.
– It will take more tan one day to explore and enjoy Jakarta. It is the biggest city in Indonesia.
Jericho: a village in Palestine near the north end of the Dead Sea; in the Old Testament it was the first place taken by the Israelites under Joshua as they entered the Promised Land.
– You can find many fresh produce markets in Jericho.
Judea: the southern part of ancient Palestine succeeding the kingdom of Judah; a Roman province at the time of Christ.
– John the Baptist preached in Judea.
Places in Latin America that start with J
Jacksonville: Florida’s largest city; a port and important commercial center in northeastern Florida.
– It was very interesting to visit the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens in Jacksonville.
Jamaica: an island in the West Indies to the south of Cuba and the west of Haiti.
A country on the island of Jamaica; became independent of England in 1962; much poverty; the major industry is tourism.
– Jamaica is one of the top destinations in the Caribbean.
Jersey: a city in northeastern New Jersey (opposite Manhattan).
– Brittany belongs to a wealthy family. They own a magnificent house on a private island in Jersey.
Joao Pessoa: a city in northeastern Brazil near the Atlantic Ocean to the north of Recife.
– Joao Pessoa has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Juneau: the state capital of Alaska.
– Jeremy traveled to Juneau to explore its wilderness. It is a beautiful place to visit.
Places in Africa that start with J
Johannesburg: city in the northeastern part of South Africa near Pretoria; commercial center for diamond and gold industries.
– From skyscrapers to hundreds of restaurants and shops. Johannesburg has many interesting attractions to offer to tourists.
Jinja: a city in Uganda on the north shore of Lake Victoria.
– Jinja is known for its extreme sports like kayaking, bungee jumping, and water rafting.