Starting with MA
- machu picchu
- madeira islands
- magnetic equator
- magnetic meridian
- magnetic pole
- magnolia state
- mailing address
- main street
- mainland china
- malagasy republic
- malay archipelago
- malay peninsula
- malaysian state
- maldive islands
- manhattan island
- mariana islands
- maritime provinces
- market cross
- market town
- marquesas islands
- marshall islands
- marston moor
- mason and dixon line
- mason city
- maui island
- mauna kea
- mauna loa
Starting with MC
Starting with ME
- medical center
- melting pot
- memorial park
- mexico city
Starting with MI
- miami beach
- middle west
- midway islands
- migration route
- military position
- mine field
Starting with MO
- mohave desert
- mojave desert
- molokai island
- monte carlo
- montego bay
- morgan city
- mormon state
- mother country
- motor city
- mount asama
- mount athos
- mount etna
- mount orizaba
- mount pinatubo
- mount rushmore state
- mount saint helens
- mount st. helens
- mount vernon
- mount vesuvius
- mountain state
Starting with MT
Starting with MU
- mud flat
- municipal center
- muscat and oman
Starting with MW
Starting with MY
Places that Start with M
Have you ever imagined visiting a place so far from home? Little towns that you have never heard of? Some of those places that start with M are included in the following examples.
Places in Europe that start with M
Malta: A strategically located island to the south of Sicily in the Mediterranean Sea.
A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1964.
- Malta is the largest of three islands and the cultural, commercial and administrative
Macedon: The ancient kingdom of Philip II and Alexander the Great in the southeastern Balkans that is now divided among modern Macedonia and Greece and Bulgaria.
- Around 338 BC the Macedon empire was the most powerful in the world
Madrid: The capital and largest city situated centrally in Spain; home of an outstanding art museum.
- While Madrid possesses a modern infrastructure, it has preserved the look and feel of many of its historic neighborhoods and streets.
Magyarorszag: A republic in central Europe.
- Magyarorszag is home to the largest thermal water cave system.
Majorca: The largest of the Balearic Islands.
- The Majorca Island is an extremely popular holiday destination.
Malaga: -a port city and resort in Andalusia in southern Spain on the Mediterranean.
- Malagahistory spans about 2,800 years, making it one of the oldest cities in the world.
Places in Asia that start with M
Macao: A former Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea; reverted to China in 1999.
- Macao is one of the world’s richest cities of any country in the world.
Madras: A city in Tamil Nadu on the Bay of Bengal; formerly Madras.
A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh); formerly Madras.
- Madras is the biggest industrial and commercial centre in South India.
Maharashtra: -a state in west-central India.
- Maharashtra is one of the wealthiest and the most developed states in India.
Mainland China: A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia; the most populous country in the world.
- The phrase “mainland China” emerged as a politically neutral term to refer to the area under control of the Communist Party of China.
Manama: The capital of Bahrain; located at the northern end of Bahrain Island.
- Manama is the capital and largest city, with an approximate population of 157,000 people.
Manchuria: A region in northeastern China.
- Manchuria is also part of Russia; it is often debated on where it lies.
Places in America that start with M
Machu Picchu: Inca fortress city in the Andes in Peru discovered in 1911; it may have been built in the 15th century.
- Machu Picchu consists of three primary structures which are the Into Wadena, the Temple of the Sun, and the Room of the Three Windows.
Managua: The capital and largest city of Nicaragua.
- Managua is the largest city in Nicaragua in terms of population
Mandalay: A city in central Myanmar to the north of Rangoon.
- Mandalay is the second-largest city and the last royal capital of Burma
Maracaibo: A port city in northwestern Venezuela; a major oil center.
- Maracaibo is nicknamed”The Beloved Land of the Sun”.
Places in Africa that start with M
Madagascar: An island in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of Africa; the 4th largest island in the world. A republic on the island of Madagascar; achieved independence from France in 1960.
- Madagascar’s population was estimated at just over 22 million, 90 percent of whom live on less than two dollars per day.
Madeira: An island in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa; the largest of the Madeira Islands.
- Today, Madeira is a popular year-round resort being visited every year by about one million tourists; known for its Madeira wine.
Maghreb: The region of northwest Africa comprising the Atlas Mountains and the coastlands of Morocco and Algeria and Tunisia.
- Maghrebmost commonly referred to a smaller area between the Atlas Mountains in the south.
Maiduguri: A city in northeastern Nigeria; an agricultural trading center.
- And so Maiduguri was founded in 1907 as a military outpost by the British.
Malabo: The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
- Malabo is located on the northern coast ofBioko Island, on the rim of a sunken volcano.
Malagasy Republic: A republic on the island of Madagascar; achieved independence from France in 1960.
- Malagasy Republic was established in 1958.