Starting with KA
Starting with KE
Starting with KH
Starting with KI
Starting with KL
Starting with KN
Starting with KO
Starting with KR
Starting with KU
Starting with KY
Objects that Start with K
It is surprising how many objects around us start with the letter “K”. The following list will help you to learn some new nouns.
Furniture that starts with K
Kitchen: a room equipped for preparing meals.
– The new kitchen is gorgeous. I won’t mind cooking there!
Kitchenware: hardware utensils for use in a kitchen.
– I prefer to use stainless steel dinnerware. It is more expensive, but the quality is better.
Kurdistan: -an oriental rug is woven by Kurds that is noted for fine colors and durability.
– Kurdistan rugs are handmade. It takes a lot of work to weave them.
Clothing that start with K
Keffiyeh: an Arab headdress consisting of a square piece of cloth folded into a triangle and fastened over the crown by an agal.
– The picture shows a woman wearing a keffiyeh. Her eyes are beautiful.
Kalansuwa: a cap that is wrapped around by a turban and worn by Muslim religious elders.
– The monks wore black Kalansuwas always.
Kameez: a long tunic was worn by many people from the Indian subcontinent (usually with a salwar or churidars).
– The kameez exhibition showed great pieces designed by Pakistani designers. They are all beautiful and modern.
Khadi: a coarse homespun cotton cloth made in India.
– The handwoven khadi has a whole new coming into modern Indian fashion.
Kirtle: -a long dress is worn by women. A garment resembling a tunic that was worn by men in the Middle Ages.
– I dress up with a kirtle for the party. It was a medieval themed party.
Electronic objects that start with K
Katharometer: measures thermal conductivity.
– The katharometer is used in environmental applications.
Keratoscope: medical instrument to examine the cornea in order to detect irregularities in its anterior surface.
– The ophthalmologist uses a keratoscope to assess the shape of the cornea.
Kymograph: scientific instrument consisting of a rotating drum holding paper on which a stylus traces a continuous record (as of breathing or blood pressure).
– A kymograph will be helpful to physiology experiments.
Plastic objects that start with K
Kaleidoscope: an optical toy in a tube; it produces symmetrical patterns as bits of colored glass are reflected by mirrors.
– The children made a kaleidoscope at school using a plastic tube, a cd, and colored papers.
Kazoo: a toy wind instrument that has a membrane that makes a sound when you hum into the mouthpiece.
– The boys are having fun with their kazoos, although the noise is quite annoying.
Keypad: a keyboard that is a data input device for computers; arrangement of keys is modeled after the typewriter keyboard.
– My phone’s keypad doesn’t work correctly anymore.