Starting with FA
Starting with FE
Starting with FI
Starting with FL
Starting with FO
Starting with FR
Starting with FU
Animals that Start with F
There is a wide variety of animals that start with F. Some names like fish or fox are very common, and you have learned from them as a child. Here you will be amazed at some unique names for animals with the letter F.
Mammals that start with F
Ferret: the English physicist and chemist who discovered electromagnetic induction (1791-1867).
– Ferrets are becoming such favorite pets in America, although they are a bit aggressive for kids.
Filly: a young female horse under the age of four.
– The spotted filly runs freely following the mustangs along the fields.
Fossa: largest carnivore of Madagascar; intermediate in some respects between cats and civets.
-monotypic genus of Madagascar civets closely related to palm civets.
-Rare creatures like the fossa are endemic to Madagascar. Human beings need to take care of them.
Fox: alert carnivorous mammal with pointed muzzle and ears and a bushy tail; most are predators that do not hunt in packs.
– The mischievous fox jumped over its prey. It took it to a cave.
Reptiles that start with F
Fang: -hollow or grooved tooth of a venomous snake; used to inject its poison. Canine tooth of a carnivorous animal; used to seize and tear its prey. An appendage of insects that is capable of injecting venom; usually evolved from the legs.
– Snake’s fangs are lethal bioweapons. Biologists are surprised with their function.
Birds that start with F
Falcon: diurnal birds of prey having long pointed powerful wings adapted for swift flight.
– The peregrine falcon dives from the sky ready to catch the rabbit.
Falconidae: a family of birds of the order Falconiformes.
– There are around sixty species in the falconidae family.
Finch: any of numerous small songbirds with short, stout bills adapted for crushing seeds.
-Of all the bird species in the world, the finch is one of my favorite ones.
Flamingo: large pink to scarlet web-footed wading bird with down-bent bill; inhabits brackish lakes.
-The mating ritual of the flamingos is like an elegant and coordinated dance.
Flicker: North American woodpecker.
– Each morning I see out the window and there it is, the beautiful flicker pecking on the tree.
Insects and critters that start with F
Figeater: large greenish June beetle of southern United States.
– There is nothing disgusting with these critters. Figeaters look like green emeralds.
Firebug: a true bug: brightly colored bug that can exude a stain.
– If you see a firebug from above its red body looks like a tribe mask.
Fishworm: terrestrial worm that burrows into and helps aerate soil; often surfaces when the ground is cool or wet; used as bait by anglers.
– Fish worms are so disgusting creatures, wiggling here and there with their pinkish color.
– Formicidae best known as ants, these tiny insects are great producers of formic acid.
Fritillary: butterfly with brownish wings marked with black and silver.
– The fritillary is considered the Arkansas State butterfly.