Starting with GA
Starting with GE
- genus arenaria
- genus calamus
- genus corydalis
- genus dracunculus
- genus liparis
- genus oenanthe
- genus pieris
- genus prunella
Starting with GH
Starting with GI
Starting with GL
Starting with GN
Starting with GO
Starting with GR
Starting with GU
- guinea pig
Starting with GY
Animals that Start with G
From mammals to reptiles, from birds to insects, the following list includes names of animals that start with G. I can tell you that some of them are not so common like “goat” or “goose”.
Mammals that start with G
Galloway: breed of hardy black chiefly beef cattle native to Scotland.
– The belted Galloway looked so cute with its white belt around the body that I wanted to hug it.
Gerenuk: slender East African antelope with a slim neck and backward-curving horns.
– Generuks are very funny looking animals. They look like a mix of a kangaroo with a deer!
Glaucomys: New World flying squirrels.
– No, it’s not a bat; it is a Glaucomys flying to the tree!
Gnu: large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail.
– Gnu herds often follow zebra herds that leave short grass for them.
Grivet: white and olive green East African monkey with long white tufts of hair beside the face.
– The grivet family cuddles in the branches.
Reptiles that start with G
Gambelia: leopard lizards.
– The gambelia is an aggressive predator. It’s diet includes beetles, caterpillars, and snakes.
Gecko: any of various small chiefly tropical and usually nocturnal insectivorous terrestrial lizards typically with immovable eyelids; completely harmless.
– Geckos are the best climbers of the vertebrate world with their toes covered with tiny projections.
Gopherus: gopher tortoises.
– A beautiful Gopherus rest on the road under the sunlight. A car almost hit it.
Birds that start with G
Galliformes: pheasants; turkeys; grouse; partridges; quails; chickens; brush turkeys; curassows; hoatzins.
– The family of Galliformes includes chickens, quails, turkeys and more.
Geococcyx: pheasants; turkeys; grouse; partridges; quails; chickens; brush turkeys; curassows; hoatzins.
– The Geococcyx inspired a famous cartoon in the 50’s.
Gobbler: male turkey.
– President John F. Kennedy was the first president to pardon a gobbler.
Godwit: large wading bird that resembles a curlew; has a long slightly upturned bill.
– The godwit spends a lot of time traveling from Alaska to New Zealand and China.
Gooney: a variety of albatross with black feet.
– The Gooney Bird has a clumsy, goofy appearance. The oldest Gooney known lived over sixty years.
Insects and critters that start with G
Gallfly: any of various insects that deposit their eggs in plants causing galls in which the larvae feed.
– I don’t like flies at all, but I have to admit that gallflies wings are pretty and unique.
Glossina: bloodsucking African fly; transmits sleeping sickness etc..
– Glossinas are best known as tsetse flies, and they feed on the blood of animals.
Grasshopper: terrestrial plant-eating insect with hind legs adapted for leaping.
– The little girl was looking with amazement at the grasshopper jumping on the leaves.
Greenbottle: blowfly with brilliant coppery green body.
– The greenbottle fly receives its name due to its metallic blue-green coloration.