Starting with GA
- gabonese republic
- galapagos islands
- galveston island
- gambier islands
- gansu province
- garbage dump
- garbage heap
- garden state
- gateway to the west
- gathering place
- gaza strip
Starting with GE
- gem state
- gemini the twins
- geographic area
- geographic point
- geographic region
- geographical area
- geographical point
- geographical region
- geographical zone
- geological horizon
- george town
- geostationary orbit
- geosynchronous orbit
Starting with GH
Starting with GI
Starting with GL
Starting with GO
- goal line
- gobi desert
- golan heights
- gold coast
- golden state
- gopher state
- governador valadares
Starting with GR
- grain field
- gran santiago
- grand canal
- grand canyon state
- grand duchy
- grand island
- grand rapids
- granite state
- grazing land
- great arabian desert
- great australian desert
- great britain
- great circle
- great divide
- great falls
- great indian desert
- great lakes state
- great salt desert
- great sandy desert
- great victoria desert
- great white way
- greater antilles
- greater london
- greater new york
- greater sunda islands
- green bay
- green line
- green mountain state
- greenwich meridian
- greenwich village
- ground zero
Starting with GU
Places that Start with G
Traveling around the world is an unforgettable experience. Here you will be able to learn names from places that start with G from around the world.
Places in Europe that start with G
Galloway: a district in southwestern Scotland.
– Visiting Galloway, Scotland will be an amazing experience with all those castles.
Genova: a district in southwestern Scotland.
– The Peterson’s bought a vacation home in Genova, Italy.
Gibraltar: location of a colony of the United Kingdom on a limestone promontory at the southern tip of Spain. Strategically important because it can control the entrance of ships into the Mediterranean; one of the Pillars of Hercules.
– It’s evident the Britain and Spanish influence in Gibraltar.
Glasgow: largest city in Scotland; a port on the Clyde in west central Scotland; one of the great shipbuilding centers of the world.
– Glasgow is also named the “European Capital of Culture”.
Gomel: an industrial city of Belarus to the southeast of Minsk.
– Gomel is not just an industrial city; there are some interesting places to visit like the St. Peter and Paul Cathedral.
Georgia: a republic in Asia Minor on the Black Sea separated from Russia by the Caucasus mountains; formerly an Asian soviet but became independent in 1991.
– Georgia is the birthplace of Stalin. It is an impressive city.
Places in Asia, that start with G
Goa: a state of southwestern India; a former Portuguese colony.
-The state of Goa is the perfect paradise for a honeymoon.
Gobi: a desert in central China.
– Many people think of Gobi just as a desert but it also has evergreen forests.
Gulf States: the countries in southwestern Asia that border the Persian Gulf.
– The Gulf States altogether are the major owners of oil in the world.
Places in Latin America that start with G
Gambier Islands: a group of islands in the south central Pacific.
– If you are a hiker, Gambier Islands are the perfect place for you with their beautiful landscapes.
Galapagos: a group of islands in the Pacific from South America; owned by Ecuador; known for unusual animal life.
– The Galapagos Islands includes a group of eighteen islands and one-hundred and seven islets. They are the home of many animals.
Golden State: a state in the western United States on the Pacific; the 3rd largest state; known for earthquakes.
– The Golden State is famous because of its bridge and its basketball team.
Gran Santiago: the capital and the largest city of Chile; located in central Chile; one of the largest cities in South America.
– Chile owns the tallest building in South America. It is in Gran Santiago city.
Guayaquil: the largest city in Ecuador.
– The city of Guayaquil is known as the “Pearl of the Pacific”.
Places in Africa that start with G
Gabon: a republic on the west coast of Africa.
– Families of forest elephants arrived each year to the southeastern part of Gabon.
Ghana: a republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
– People in Ghana are very welcoming. Ghana is a country with growth potential.
Goma: a city in eastern Congo at the northern end of Lake Kivu near the border with Rwanda.
– U.S. pilots are based in Goma. They have been there for two years now.
Gulu: a city in northern Uganda.
– Father Michael visited the Diocese of Northern Uganda in Gulu and stayed there for five weeks helping the people in there.