Starting with QA
Starting with QU
Objects that Start with Q
All types of objects surround us. Whether the object is man-made or found in nature. In this following section, only man-made objects will be covered. Such as furniture that could be seen in everyday homes, clothing, electronics, and even plastics, something used in everyday life.
Furniture that start with Q
Quarterstaff: A long stout staff used as a weapon.
- A quarterstaff is a traditional European pole weapon and a technique of stick fighting.
Quill: A pen made from a bird’s feather.
- The strongest quills come from the primary flight feathers discarded by birds.
Quilt: Bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together.
- Quilts are distinguished from other types of blankets because they are pieced together from several layers of cloth.
Quiver: A case for holding arrows.
- Quivers were traditionally made of leather, wood, furs, and other natural materials.
Clothing that start with Q
Quarter: A piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp.-the rear part of a ship.
- Quarter can also be used to make leather bound books.
Electronics that start with Q
Quadraphony: A stereophonic sound recording or reproducing system using four separate channels.
- Some Quadraphony systems were based on discrete sound channels.
Quipu: Calculator consisting of a cord with attached cords; used by ancient Peruvians for calculating and keeping records.
- The quipu would use different symbols instead of regular numbers to record data on.