Starting with QA
Starting with QI
Starting with QU
Places that Start with Q
The Earth is a rather large planet. Due to recent technology, you can easily talk to people in a different continent. But, that doesn’t mean you know about every country, or city on this planet. Continue reading this section to learn more about the places that start with Q.
Places in Europe that start with Q
Quebec City: The French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec; situated on the Saint Lawrence River.
- Reaching the Ice Castle in Quebec City, the two daughters felt as if they were in the movie frozen.
Quai D’Orsay: The Street in Paris along the south bank of the Seine known for its governmental ministries.
- The French Ministry is located on the Quai D’Orsay
Places in Asia that start with Q
Qandahar: A city in southern Afghanistan; an important trading center.
- The region around Qandahar is one of the oldest known human settlements.
Qara Qum: A desert in Turkmenistan to the south of the Aral Sea.
- The Qara Qum was once the Aral Sea but after an environmental disaster it no longer resembles one.
Qatar: An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1971; the economy is dominated by oil.
- Because Qatar is so rich in oil, it’s the third in natural gas reserves.
Qibla: The direction of the Kaaba toward which Muslims turn for their daily prayers.
- Most Muslim prayer rooms will also contain a
Places in Latin America that start with Q
Quito: The capital of Ecuador.
- Quito is the highest official capital city in the world.
Quintana Room: A Mexican state on the eastern side of the Yucatan Peninsula.
- The beautiful beaches in Quintana Room bring in huge economic activity.